A love letter from George

Finally, it arrived.  Although, I think it was just bulk mail he sent to every admirer.  Somehow, his light heartedness seems fake and forced.  Here is the love letter.

George drops such literary gems as “fer real”, “doper” and signing off with “Piece”.  He really knows the way to my heart.

Strombo wolf hat

If I may…

Public Figure:1,073 people like this.

George Stroumboulopoulos July 28 at 10:56am Report

Hi,
Hope you’re having a golden summer wherever you may be… Been working like mad on the launch of season seven of the tv show and the radio show. Lots of changes in the works… I think you’re going to dig what the team is coming up with. Including changing the name of the TV show. I’m thinking of calling it ‘The Jeffersons’ but CBC isn’t really going for that.

Regardless, this page is being shut down soon (Fer real). Now, I know people hate to move, but this is an easy one, so if you are up it, I’ll be at a new fb page. Work, life, and horoscopes (kidding obv). And much doper (read: dumber profile pics as evidenced below)

Click the link below.

Piece,
GSx.

PS… Don’t go see The last Airbender… That movie made me hate life.
Go see ‘Cyrus’ instead.

George Stroumboulopoulos

Hi, aside from wandering the streets in search of the best Grilled Cheese Sandwhich. This is where you can find me…. The Hour (We’re thinking about changing the name) Weeknights at 11:05 on CBC TV (TV/ONLINE) The Strombo Show. Sunday nights 8p-Midnight on CBC Radio 2 (RADIO/ONLINE)

Another gem George wrote on his page:

George Stroumboulopoulos Hi. Welcome to the new page… Please tell your friends and enemies – well, use your judgement, don’t tell your crazy friends. This is where I’ll be, like TRON locked in this profile. By the by, if you haven’t heard the new album by ‘The National’ you need to get on that (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfySK7CLEEg). Merci/gracias… GSx

PS… I want to start a backgammon tournament and televise it like they do with poker.

– right George, so no one can watch it like with your show … whatever it’s called.

Posted August 10, 2010 at 8:34 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Any bets on whether Jian will interview George about his acting experiences on “Q”? YUCK! (At least they didn’t have to put too much makeup on George to make him look like a zombie).

2. George "stars" in Hollywood movie
    Posted August 10, 2010 at 11:21 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece
    Posted August 7, 2010 at 10:02 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

If Richard was so obsessed with ratings, how did George keep HIS job?

• Allan
      Posted August 7, 2010 at 10:24 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Because Richard’s CBC has refused to admit it made a mistake.

Posted August 7, 2010 at 9:44 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

… no wonder he’s otherwise know as George Strobobuttfuckopolis.

5. Posted August 6, 2010 at 6:29 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Shocked as shit that this website is still up.
    I see you’re still writing lame criticisms about people and things and concepts which you know nothing of.
    I am curious about who you guys are, and what, if anything, you’ve ever contributed to the world.
    In the meantime, you are assholes; I wish you ill.

• Anonymous
      Posted August 6, 2010 at 8:32 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Thanks for stopping by, Richard!

• PoonGirl
      Posted August 6, 2010 at 10:22 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

This sounds like a proud CBC employee, probably a friend of George Strounbouprostitute.

Well, NOBODY puts PoonGirl in a corner !

6. PoonGirl
    Posted August 3, 2010 at 4:46 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I always thought George and his best friend Jim Richards looked just like Bert and Ernie. Exhibit A.

• Anonymous
      Posted August 3, 2010 at 9:08 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Maybe….but I see more of a resemblance of Jian in Bert (especially the moody, grouchy personality….)

7. PoonGirl
    Posted August 3, 2010 at 3:59 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Just stick your hand up George’s bum and make him talk.

Posted August 2, 2010 at 9:16 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

….and how much do you want to bet that the puppetteers get paid less than the puppet?

Posted August 2, 2010 at 9:01 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

It’s like saying: George is a puppet with no talent. We need new puppetmasters with talent to pull his strings. Where is Geppeto when you need him?

Posted August 2, 2010 at 7:12 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

the CBC-TV show soon-to-be-formerly-known-as-‘The Hour’ hiring just about every position, seemingly: http://j.mp/cDoFQI (about 4 hours ago by @mondoville)

The Hour is looking for: Program Assistant, Researcher, Producer, Senior Writer….let’s all go hang out at Queen & John & get a job!

• Anonymous
      Posted August 2, 2010 at 7:59 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

They`re replacing everyone on the show, but not the host. That`s how the CBC operates these days, everyone except for the people at the top are to blame for the Corp`s failures.

11. punkass
    Posted August 1, 2010 at 8:35 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Ha. Why am I here? Who gives a shit what George does. He is on TV, radio and online. He likes his job. He works hard. People like him, and want to know what he thinks. Do really think the losers (myself included) who post on this website will have as much success and fulfillment in the careers they’ve chosen…..I think not. So piss off and let the fat man ride his motorcycle.

• Allanjoined April 10, 2009
      Posted August 1, 2010 at 8:54 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

George chose radio, specializing in hard rock and in sports. How much success would you say he’s had?
      Are you one of those listening to his obscure, one-night-onle, SUNDAY NIGHT radio show?
      The work he does for the CBC makes no mention of bikes or riding. The only reason you know about that is because he wants you to know about that.

• Anonymous
      Posted August 1, 2010 at 8:57 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece
      • Anonymous
        Posted August 2, 2010 at 1:04 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I’m guessing you’re referring to the 6.5 billion population who AREN’T watching The Hour?

• PoonGirljoined December 31, 2009
          Posted August 2, 2010 at 3:31 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

If it read “Population 120 000” THEN it would have been referring to his viewership.

• anonymous
            Posted August 2, 2010 at 12:04 pm | #

That’s a little high. It’s generally under 100K nationally.

• PoonGirljoined December 31, 2009
      Posted August 1, 2010 at 8:58 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Hi George. Thanks for reading my article.

Posted July 30, 2010 at 8:09 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

“Thicke of the Night”?

Posted July 30, 2010 at 7:45 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Benmergui Live would be a good name.

Posted July 30, 2010 at 7:23 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I was hoping that George would see the light and open a “much doper” Facebook page. My prayers have finally been answered.

Posted July 30, 2010 at 5:57 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

The MSM has been ignoring George for years. He’s a relic from the middle of the last decade.

Posted July 30, 2010 at 4:46 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Of course not. The entertainment business is about money, George doesn’t have an audience. No audience, no money, no market, no point!

Posted July 30, 2010 at 4:07 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Years of sentiment about George on here vindicated by the fact that no entertainment editor in the country cares about what’s happening with this show.

18. Say Whaaaaaaaa?
    Posted July 30, 2010 at 3:09 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

“Been working like mad on the launch of season seven of the tv show and the radio show.”

And here I thought that he had been playing backgammon and vacationing in LA this whole time…..

• an older woman who knows
      Posted August 2, 2010 at 2:56 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

And here I thought that he had been playing backgammon and vacationing in LA this whole time.

Trust me sweetheart, he also has his ladies in LA!
      Oh my, he really loves to spread it around, now doesn’t he?

• PoonGirljoined December 31, 2009
        Posted August 2, 2010 at 3:32 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

How do you know what he is doing in L.A. when you are in Canada ?

19. Amanda
    Posted July 30, 2010 at 2:14 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

It’s “peace”, not “piece”. Geez!

Posted July 30, 2010 at 7:25 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Changing the name of the show is an act of desperation on the part of The CBC. Would they change the name of a successful show?

• ugh
      Posted August 3, 2010 at 3:06 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Hey, the CBC could own the rights to the price is right and change the name. Why? Basically, cause they need something to do.

21. PoonGirl
    Posted July 30, 2010 at 2:15 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I think the Holocaust has more fans on Facebook than George.

22. PoonGirl
    Posted July 30, 2010 at 12:25 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece
    • an older woman who knows
      Posted August 2, 2010 at 3:00 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

What kind of grease does he use in his hair? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
      I would hate to get that on my pillows :)

23. Allanjoined April 10, 2009
    Posted July 30, 2010 at 12:17 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece
  24. Allanjoined April 10, 2009
    Posted July 30, 2010 at 12:05 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece
  25. Allanjoined April 10, 2009
    Posted July 29, 2010 at 11:57 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

if I didn’t know it was one of the country’s most respected journalists with an Honourary Doctor of Laws, I’d swear that was written by an airhead.

26. PoonGirljoined December 31, 2009
    Posted July 29, 2010 at 4:24 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I decided to post this because only members of George’s “fan” page on Facebook got this love letter … I figured it was safe to assume that none you received it ;)

I was appalled by his spelling, is he trying to be cool ? Piece ? Fer real ? Does he know he’s turning 38 soon !

If the show ends up being only 30 mins, I hope his salary is cut in half too.

Posted July 29, 2010 at 12:21 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Wow. George’s grasp on the English language is breathtaking. I think the Canadian media should re-think its standards, or at the very least CBC should not be funded by the Canadian tax payer. Perhaps George and the rest of the idiots at the CBC should beg for change on the side of the street. I’m sure all the Hour fans could round up a buck, once of course it takes ten of them to figure out exactly how much that is.

• Anonymous
      Posted July 29, 2010 at 11:06 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Didn’t some educational institution give George an honourary Doctorate in LAW!!!!!
      Fer Real? What the f***k?

28. Strombo = Potsie not Fonzie
    Posted July 29, 2010 at 11:09 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Will people still watch George’s show after they’ve seen how dorky he looks on a motorcycle?

29. The League of Denistry
    Posted July 29, 2010 at 10:31 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I heard the same thing: that The Hour will become The Half Hour.

Posted July 29, 2010 at 10:07 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Is George’s stamina waning as he gets older? He can only last a half hour now?

31. Tripoli
    Posted July 29, 2010 at 9:52 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I heard the name change may be due to the show being cut back to half an hour

Posted July 28, 2010 at 10:20 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I know bike couriers who are more entertaining than George. Hire them!

33. anonymous
    Posted July 28, 2010 at 8:13 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Don’t change the name, change the host.