Important when the mainstream media says it

Not that it’s a new idea, but it becomes a noteworthy idea for CBC to go ad-free only when a university professor says it in Canada’s biggest newspaper, but not when a CBC-related blog says the same thing.

1. Fake Ouimet
    Posted April 16, 2009 at 7:47 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I do approach CBC information with suspicion, yes. And I know the other “accessibility, captioning etc.” experts personally. The rest is nonsense. Except that I do not capriciously delete comments.

Posted April 16, 2009 at 12:30 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I suspect the “delete moment” on that post came from the criticism that suggested that Fake Ouimet’s M.O. was governed by something other than Teamaker’s Official policy.

The DSM IV description of Paranoid Personality Disorder

A. A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

(1) suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her

Ie: they deliberately didn’t invite me to the event, oh, okay, it wasn’t a CBC event, then why wasn’t I invited, oh it was a private WGC thing, so why wasn’t it listed on the venue’s website, etc, etc, etc.

(2) is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates

Quit this place in a huff because he wasn’t appreciated, then came back and started doing all the same old stuff.

(3) is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her

anybody who’s seen Joe’s infamous ’email policy’ and ‘my lawyer can beat up your lawyer’ can attest to his sensitivity on this issue.

(4) reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events

I was excluded! Nobody recognizes my brilliance! see: every exchange Joe has ever had about accessibility, captioning, etc.

(5) persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights

Ibid

(6) perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack

Does Joe ever phrase anything other than an attack? Here as Fake Ouimet, or anywhere else?

(7) has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner

Thank god, none of us have to speculate.

Let’s see how fast this gets deleted. The implication is clear. Fake Ouimet is not an honest dealer of information. He approaches everything from a suspicious point of view, never admits error, thinks people are out to get him and exclude him, is combative in just about every post or response, and thinks he’s not given his due.

He’s a paranoid crank, certainly. The only question is whether he should actually be receiving treatment for it.

Posted April 16, 2009 at 12:11 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

It’s not paranoid or ignorant (stupid, whichever) to assume that you were excluded from a ‘CBC Event’ which was not a CBC event at all, but an entirely separate thing to do with the WGC?

If it wasn’t an error that you felt was stupid, why remove the discussion correcting you?

4. Fake Ouimet
    Posted April 16, 2009 at 10:07 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I’m not paranoid and, while I may make errors, they are not “stupid.” None of this prevents me from disposing of comments according to the published policy. Now, if you have complaints about another Tea Makers writer, address them there.

Posted April 16, 2009 at 8:47 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Godlike power is rarely exercised unless FO has made a stupid error and everyone calls him on his rampant paranoia.

6. Megan
    Posted April 14, 2009 at 6:42 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Thanks for the link. This one is probably easier to read, although it’s all of my posts about journalism, not just those that mention the CBC. You’ll have to do a lot of clicking if you use the other link.

Posted April 13, 2009 at 5:31 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

oh hell, if you want posts deleted, just mention where Allan works.

8. Fake Ouimet
    Posted April 13, 2009 at 2:59 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Anonymoose at 17:42, (a) go home; it’s quitting time and (b) yes, we do what we wish with your comments, but such godlike power is rarely exercised. Go and check.

9. Fake Ouimet
    Posted April 13, 2009 at 2:58 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

You mean these postings, Megan?

We’re just in a put-up-or-shut-up phase chez les Tea Makers. We’ll just be politely reminding people that if they hate what we write, they can write something themselves.

Posted April 13, 2009 at 2:42 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Oh wow, 3 F.O. call outs in a row! C’mon people, a couple more criticisms of him and Fakey will delete the whole comments thread! You can do it!

Posted April 13, 2009 at 1:59 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

See more from Megan at

—–
    Thankfully not about CBC failures all the time.

12. Megan
    Posted April 13, 2009 at 1:34 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I write about the CBC all the time on my own site. I’ve never done a guest post anywhere — I suppose that if I had an idea that would work well over here, I’d pitch it to you.

13. Fake Ouimet
    Posted April 13, 2009 at 12:47 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

So, Megan, who “does it best”?

And why haven’t we received a guest post from you yet?

14. Fake Ouimet
    Posted April 13, 2009 at 12:46 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Anonymoose at 12:13, unfortunately for you I have a large portfolio of publications that belie your claim.

15. Fake Ouimet
    Posted April 13, 2009 at 12:45 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Kids, it’s all about attributing sources.

Now work on your reading comprehension by going over my posting again. Note its careful phrasing.

Posted April 13, 2009 at 1:31 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I came across the same article, joe, and thought of you and your earlier post, but I decided not to draw attention to it, since you had already made the same point.
    And at the time you wrote it, I thought, – joe, any idea you have has about as much of a chance to be taken seriously by the CBC as you have of becoming an astronaut. Not because of the merit of your ideas, but because we’re talking about the CBC.

Posted April 12, 2009 at 9:58 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

So the Star is supposed to report on what’s happening on this blog? This is Narcissistic Personality Disorder of the highest order.

Also, for the poster above me: http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

Posted April 12, 2009 at 9:13 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Hello TeaMakers, we read you but we don’t respect you.

Are bloggers journalists? Maybe, I dunno. YOU are definately NOT.

19. Megan
    Posted April 12, 2009 at 8:31 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I don’t care who does it first; I care who does it best.

Posted April 12, 2009 at 11:59 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Clearly the answer is no. Welcome to Clown Country.

Oh wait, that’s not true.

Sometimes like this post they complain about nobody listening to them even though WHAT THEY WRITE IS VERY, VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 12, 2009 at 11:11 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Yes. It’s important when the mainstream media says it. That’s why it called the mainstream media, you tool. It’s not important when some vitriol-spewing pseudonymous peon blogger says it; why should it be?

Are you people capable of saying or reporting anything without oozing bile?