Town hall twits

Today’s town hall was the most tweeted CBC event in recent memory. These tweets have a special significance for those of us in Canadian media, as we are constantly told that we are dinosaurs and in the future all our news will be tweeted by real people with no agenda and you won’t even need to think about it or pay for it, it will just be there and better than anything we could do with a billion dollars.

So how’s that working out?

WTF who let this clown in here? You’re not helping, Mr. Duong.

You know the world has gone mad when even the veracity of a Tod Maffin tweet is suspect. God help us all, and #FAIL.

Look, are there any serious questions here?

Yes, it’s clear that Canadian content must be destroyed.

I’m not going to click that link but I smell a Facebook Group behind it. Just a guess.

From this tweet forward, you shall be known by the nickname “MacFail.”

Aw, bless your heart, li’l trevortye. Now, have you met justinsb?

So stupid it needed to be “retweeted.” Ok Twitter, I give you one more chance. Give me a reason to read any of this junk.

Thank you.

Posted March 26, 2009 at 6:16 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Thank God I got out of that place a few years ago. This rat won’t be going down with that particular sinking ship.

Posted March 25, 2009 at 8:55 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

To clarify: what I personally saw all day on Twitter was supportive and concerned. I am saying the above is unfair representation.

Posted March 25, 2009 at 8:14 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

The Globe’s comment section??? Shoot take a look at the CBC’s own comment section!

Posted March 25, 2009 at 7:20 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Sorry, but “cbc got owned,” “sell the CBC” and “I wonder if the CBC layoffs will include Don Cherry” sounds exactly like the Globe comments section.

Posted March 25, 2009 at 7:09 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Yeah, this is a good plan. Pick the most inane stuff you can; mock people who show concern for the CBC. Who knows if Twitter will still be around in a year’s time, or what will become of it, but at least there was a place where people were talking about the job cuts, and in a sympathetic and/or outraged way. A nice change from the comments on cbc.ca or in any major newspaper.

Nothing says dinosaur like bitterness over new tools.

6. jenkew
    Posted March 25, 2009 at 7:07 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I desperately need the gallows humour I find on this site. Keep it up, TeaPeople.

Posted March 25, 2009 at 6:55 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

If you only knew who the people were who are behind this blog, and their lives.
    I know some of them, and I can tell you (knowing the understatement of it) that their lives are just as rich and full as anyone,anyone, reading this blog.
    Just as rich and full.
    And I’ll go further, and give you a hint.
    Think Special Olympics.

Posted March 25, 2009 at 6:32 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

You guys SERIOUSLY need to get a life.

Posted March 25, 2009 at 6:17 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

>>the most tweeted CBC event in recent memory.

Profound, man. Now would you consider "recent memory" to be three years, four, five months, three days?

This is sort of like saying Toronto hasn't had this much snow in two years. Or "I haven't had a good cheese omelet for as long as I can remember."

What you are really saying here is that you sitting on your ass chewing your cud at the expense of people who may not have jobs before too long.

But yeah, keep up the good work. We're with you, man. Can't wait for the next earth-shattering report from the Jon Stewart wannabe. I bet you haven't heard that line in… days.

10. Cameron A.
    Posted March 25, 2009 at 3:45 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

jsbeach’s TinyURL links to a post on his site at publicbroadcasting.ca. It’s essentially him on a soapbox blaming Harper for the economic downturn, stock markets, worsening environment etc. Yeah, the TinyURL essentially leads to a Facebook group.

11. Vigilante
    Posted March 25, 2009 at 3:44 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Since we’re laughing at people’s Tweets, may I bring everyone’s attention to this gem from Tod?

“It was pointed out to me today (and by others on earlier occassions) that I haven’t fully done #3. And they’re right. I hate going backward”

I’m laughing so hard my sides feel like they’ve busted open. Why? Because my kids have a special definition for a “#3”.

#1 + #2 = #3

Make sure you flush and wash your hands with soap after you’ve finished your #3, Tod.

12. Vigilante
    Posted March 25, 2009 at 3:32 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Someone suggested they should sell off Air Canada? Seriously? What was his backup suggestion? Selling off Petro-Canada?

Posted March 25, 2009 at 2:41 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

A tweet of things to come:

“800 jobs at the CBC. Let’s hope my 12 years gives me some bumping room”

christianweller

Posted March 25, 2009 at 2:15 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Maffin has veracity? About as much as a Livent profit.

Posted March 25, 2009 at 12:43 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece