The Rational Mind of David Eng

For people who eat dead things on a stick, and others, this may be akin to holding up a cross in front of a vampire.

Posted April 14, 2009 at 12:22 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I like that David focuses on the last part of the introduction.
    That was good. I don’t agree with him on everything.
    And I’m still trying to understand how this disaster came to be and to sort out the very conflicting versions of the story.
    I know one thing for sure.
    There was a truly great man sitting in that studio, a man I could learn a lot from.
    A very wise and kind man.
    And there was a radio announcer from whom I can learn nothing. Absolutely nothing.
    So why did it go horribly wrong, and why is that truly outstanding individual being vilified.
    I think he is totally one cool dude.
    I would want to do acid with him, if I were ever to do that again, and that ain’t likely.
    Would I want to do acid with the Ghomesh?

Would you ask Tom Petty if he would want to do acid with Ghomeshi?

Posted April 13, 2009 at 3:54 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Yes Allan, but the difference here is that David refers to Jian’s professionalism and interprets the event as a misunderstanding, while your defense of BBT comes with heaps of vitriol lobbed at JG. (And to echo many others before me on these boards I am not a fan of Jian, but it really is time to move on from this topic.)

Posted April 13, 2009 at 11:22 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

David Eng the lit-crit academic? David Eng the Quebec/New Zealand philosopher? Help me out here.

4. Allan's Mom
    Posted April 13, 2009 at 10:07 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Here’s a REAL musician, and a man who knows what he’s talking about. MUST SEE.

5. Allan's Mom
    Posted April 13, 2009 at 10:07 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Here’s a REAL musician, and a man who knows what he’s talking about. MUST SEE.

6. Allan's Mom
    Posted April 13, 2009 at 10:07 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Here’s a REAL musician, and a man who knows what he’s talking about. MUST SEE.

7. Boris Karloff