It’s easy going green (for real)

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.
Enjoy.
~O

from: Brent Baker (Toronto) <brentbaker@starbucks.com>
to: alphonse.ouimet@gmail.com
date: Nov 1, 2007 3:34 PM
subject: it’s easy to go green

Dear Alphonse Ouimet,

We appreciate a good joke as much as anyone, so we all got a big laugh out of your homemade “It’s easy going green” promotion on Wednesday.

I only wish you had warned me first, as this is a great idea and “going green” is something Starbucks fully supports, on any day of the year (not just Halloween!)

So I’d like to extend this same offer to your readers for this Friday- if they come into the Wellington and John Starbucks between 10 and 11 with that coupon, we’ll gladly fill their toy blue bins with coffee, on us!

See you there!

Brent Baker
Assistant Manager
Starbucks, 224 Wellington St. West, Toronto

Posted November 14, 2007 at 5:37 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

“make piece” did I say that? meant “peace”. peace, baby.

Posted November 14, 2007 at 2:17 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

I suspect Stursberg was trying to make piece with the Globe when he talked to Kate Taylor but she was only giving him enough rope…

Posted November 14, 2007 at 1:11 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Where does John Doyle get his ideas from?
    And his coffee?

4. Ouimet
    Posted November 6, 2007 at 3:39 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Some people are still taking this seriously.

I apologize to them. This was a joke.

I’m done with the Starbucks/toy recycle bin pranks now.

I promise.

Posted November 2, 2007 at 7:15 am | # | Reply to this masterpiece

ha! subverting the subverted…

6. Johnny Happypants
    Posted November 1, 2007 at 6:31 pm | # | Reply to this masterpiece

Maybe the cleaning staff who lost their jobs because of the trash pickup changes can get a free cup of coffee too. Or is that just a rumour?

JH